This Sunday, instead of watching the Pats and Giants in the Super Bowl – why don’t you plan on having a Sewing Bowl? You can still have all the great snacks and watch the new commercials on Hulu! This is a great excuse to get your sewing buddies together and get caught up on some of your unfinished projects.
Here’s a recipe for some delicious Smores bars that will be great for whatever you plan to do on Sunday. They are easy to make and easy to eat! Just don’t get crumbs on your fabric.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 (1.55-ounce) chocolate bars
- 1 (7-ounce) jar of marshmallow creme
- Grease an 8-inch-square baking pan. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Add the crushed graham crackers, flour, salt, and baking powder and beat until well mixed, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Spoon half the dough into the pan and spread evenly with your fingertips. Break the chocolate into pieces and arrange over the dough. Spread a layer of marshmallow creme over the chocolate. Flatten the remaining dough into pancakes and lay them over the marshmallow.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let the bars cool before serving. Makes 16 bars.
Per serving (1 bar): Calories 200 ● Total Fat 9 g ● Saturated Fat 5 g ● Cholesterol 30 mg ● Sodium 145 mg ● Total Carbohydrate 28 g ● Fiber .5 g ● Sugars 17 g ● Protein 2 g
Originally published in Family Fun magazine.
One thought on “Sewing Bowl Sunday!”
This really sounds good. It is something that I will make. Thanks