In case you missed the press release, September is National Sewing Month! I guess this is a good time to celebrate sewing since summer is over, the kids are back in school, and you have more time to sew (plus you have to start working on your Christmas gifts).
To celebrate national sewing month, I am going to finish a few projects that have been sitting around for awhile. I have a list of UFOs that keeps getting longer and longer and it’s time to take them more seriously! So in addition to the pattern design I am supposed to be doing, I am also trying to find some time for “fun” sewing.
What are your plans for National Sewing Month? This is the perfect time to introduce a friend or relative to sewing – we need more converts! This is also a great time to splurge on that fancy new machine you need (notice I said “need” not “want”).
Also, check out the Moda Country Fair blog hop. It started yesterday and features projects from some of my favorite designers. It’s a lot of fun to visit all these blogs and get some new project to eventually put into your UFO pile.
- September 6th Sandy Gervais of Pieces from My Heart
- September 7th Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- September 8th Barb and Mary from Me and My Sister Designs
- September 9th Camille Roskelley of Thimbleblossoms
- September 10th Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts
- September 11th Basic Grey
- September 12th Polly and Laurie from Minick and Simpson
- September 13th Sandy Klop from American Jane (Post will be featured on Moda’s blog)
- September 14th Liesl from Oliver + S
- September 15th Joanna from Fig Tree and Co.
- September 16th Lynne from Kansas Troubles
- September 17th Barb and Alma from Blackbird Designs
- September 18th Aneela Hoey from Comfortstitching.com
- September 19th Barbara Brackman from Barbara Brackman
- September 20th Bonnie from Cotton Way
- September 21st Christina from Cabbages and Roses
- September 22nd Deb Strain
- September 23rd Jan Patek of Brannock and Patek
- September 24th Lauren and Jessi Jung
- September 25th Stephanie from Lily Ashbury
- September 26th Julie from Cosmo Cricket
- September 27th Kate Spain
- September 28th Karla, Susan and Lisa from Sweetwater
- September 29th Kaari from French General
- September 30th Lisa from Primitive Gatherings
- October 1st Kathy from Kathy Schmitz Studio
- October 2nd Liz from Liz Scott Designs